CancerCare is offering a free, 12-week telephone support group for male veterans in New York who have been diagnosed with cancer and are receiving a form of active treatment, or have completed treatment within the past 18 months. Treatment may consist of surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, hormonal treatments and/or advanced cancer treatment. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support and receive information and guidance while discussing the unique challenges of living with a cancer diagnosis as a veteran.
This group is led by a professional oncology social worker and will run for twelve weeks.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your medical team and loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about treatment
- Provide you with resources in your community
This group is not running at this time. If you are interested in registering for a future cycle of this support group, please contact email@example.com.
We're sorry, this group is not currently accepting new members.